I offer in-person and cyber workshops and private tutoring to counselors, teachers and other educators.
Counselor and Teacher Workshops
Become an official Essay Jumpstart Expert!
Get certified through my one-hour cyber training or put together your own group.
Cost: $300 for private session.
Put together a group of two or more and the costs go down accordingly. Email me for details: Essayhell@gmail.com. (I use Zoom)
During these sessions, I teach counselors and English teachers what I believe makes a “great” or effective college application essay, and then how to teach their students to write them using a narrative (story-telling) style to showcase their defining qualities and values.
In effect, I share my main essay writing Show AND Tell “method,” including how I help students brainstorm and identify engaging topics, use anecdotes (mini real-life stories) to hook readers and make their essays personal and meaningful, and a slew of other tips and techniques to craft powerful personal essays.
Participants receive copies of my trade-marked handouts and worksheets (my SampleOutline™, AnecdoteBuilder™, Sample Essays, ProblemFinder™) in one digital companion workbook (that you can print out), as well as a digital badge (two options) to use for marketing.
They also receive digital versions of my popular writing guides, Escape Essay Hell! and Heavenly Essays.
For information on how to set up a private or group workshop, either in person or via Skype, email Janine Robinson: EssayHell@gmail.com.
If you live within an hour of my home in Laguna Beach, California, I can come to you, or we can set up a workshop here. I also work with groups via Zoom, Skype or other Webinar platforms. Just ask and we can make it happen!
Read about the first workshop and newest official Essay Jumpstart Experts from San Diego in my latest blog post!
TESTIMONIALS FROM ESSAY JUMPSTART EXPERTS
* * * * *
* * * * *
to write that good essay, and the workshop helped tremendously to train me in coaching.”
* * * * *
to maximize the way that students approach writing the essay in a way that helps them to really explore
more about who they are, what is important to them and why it is important…
The way she delivers her workshop is clear, concise, with tons of great examples so that it is easy to follow.
I thoroughly recommend her training!”
Mira Simon of Coach Mira – Pathway to College in San Diego area
* * * * *
I work for private college admissions consultants who want me to work with their clients on their essays, either in person or via group Skype.
During my interactive workshops with students, I help them understand what makes a great college application essay, and take them through various writing exercises to help them identify strong topics, teach them narrative writing techniques and show them how to craft “slice-of-life” personal essays.
I use a variety of hand-outs, worksheets, videos and exercises to make the workshops lively and interactive.
Anyone is welcome to put together their own group, including educational consultants, counselors, teachers, parents and students.
Workshop Rates: I charge a per-student rate, and the total cost goes down depending on the number of students. Email me for details: EssayHell@gmail.com.
* * * * *
As a professional writing coach, I counsel you one-on-one on how to teach your students to write narrative-style college application essays using the approach I developed and share in my writing guides, videos, online courses and blog.
These private sessions include the same information and resources I offer my group workshops participants, including my handouts/worksheets, certification of completion, badge and two of my popular writing guides (Escape Essay Hell! and Heavenly Essays.)
Private Consulting Rates: Depending on what skills you want to develop (helping students identity compelling essay topics, find and tell their real-life stories, map out writing plans, apply literary writing techniques and strategies, edit and polish their own work, etc.), I work in person or via Zoom, Skype and phone consultations. Cost: $300 an hour. Group rates are less. Email me for details: EssayHell@gmail.com.
Recent former workshop clients include:
- Square One Counseling, Laguna Beach, CA: Gave essay writing workshops to the clients of Lynn Fair, a top college counselor in Laguna Beach, CA. Summer 2013-2016.
- Cleveland Foundation College Now Scholar Program, Cleveland, OH: Gave online essay writing workshops to their “Top 50” students. Summer 2015.
- Palisade High School, Palisade, CO: Gave essay writing workshops to the IB students as part of a college admissions seminar. Summer 2015.
- Texas Region One GEAR UP, Edinburg, TX: Conducted weeklong essay writing workshops to the top 160 students, and 35 English teachers, from 30 high schools in the Rio Grande Valley. (Read more about these workshops HERE.) GEARUP also purchased licenses to my online essay writing course for 10,500 students. Spring and Fall 2014-2017.
- Bergen County Technical High School, Teterboro, NJ: Presented cyber essay writing workshops to their junior years students as well as to English and other teachers at this magnet school, ranked #6 in New Jersey. Summer 2016,
- Colorado Academy, Denver, CO: Daylong workshop to about 100 rising seniors on how to brainstorm, craft and edit their Common Application essays. Summer 2017.
- Girls, Inc. of Orange County: Gave essay writing workshops to freshmen and sophomore girls at their annual Eureka! Camp summer program at Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa, CA. Summer 2017.
- City of Laguna Beach: Gave weekend college application essay writing workshops through the city’s Recreation Department at the City Community Center downtown. Summer 2017.
- Shanghai International School: Spent a week giving essay writing workshops to 380 juniors from SAS at a college admissions retreat in beautiful Hangzhou, China. Spring 2018.
- Laguna Beach High School, Laguna Beach, CA: Gave essay writing training workshop to their college counselors. Fall 2018.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Click HERE to contact me any time.
* * * * *
PAYMENT: All clients must pay in advance of my services (below), and then as they go for editing help.
NOTE: Please do not make payments until we have discussed and confirmed the exact services I will be providing.
Just email me any questions at: EssayHell@Gmail.com. Thanks!
(Click “Buy Now” button below): For Hourlong Jumpstart session.
(Click “Buy Now” button below): For expedited 2-day editing.
Use the DONATE “Buy Now” Button below to pay agreed-upon fee other than in options above (such as UC edits at $300).
(You fill in the amount)